Hammock Changes in 2019
Well, it's a new year and I figured that it was a good time to make a few changes here at Hemlock Mountain Outdoors. I wanted to focus on simplifying the hammock line up, last year when I launched HMO the original focus was on modular set-ups... separate hammock, tarp, suspension and bug net. But it got confusing real fast with the addition of the CoyotePack.
Good Seque... What's Changed with the CoyotePack?
- Gone is the netless version (more on that below).
- The basic design has not changed, it's still 11 feet long made with extra wide 1.6oz HyperD XL ripstop nylon and rated at 300lbs.
- To help reduce costs our Cinch Buckle Suspension now comes as standard, you can opt for carabiners only at no additional cost or for $10, upgrade to the attached whoopie slings with 2 carabiners and 2 tree straps.
- New CoyotePack X is made from heavier 1.7oz MTN XL Hybrid ripstop rated at 400lbs and all Amsteel® is upgraded to 1/8 which has a 2500lb breaking strength.
- New CoyotePack Custom is an option for those looking to add their own touch to the CoyotePack. Let us know what you're looking for and we'll work together to get you into your dream hammock!
But... What About Netless Hammocks?
- Gone are the ThruHiker9, BackPacker10 and BaseCamp11 and with them the Coyote System.
- I took some of the features of those three hammocks and mixed them with some of the features of the CoyotePack Netless, threw in a couple new elements to come up with...
- WestRim 9 our new day hammock, is 9 feet long and made from standard width 1.6oz HyperD ripstop nylon. Comes standard with our Cinch Buckle suspension with an available $10 upgrade to attached whoopie slings. There is a pocket sewn at the 3/4 position of the hammock body and has the same slotted stuff sack as the CoyotePack that stays on the suspension.
- WestRim 11 has all of the features of the WestRim 9 but is 11 feet long and made with the extra wide 1.6oz HyperD ripstop nylon rated at 300lbs.. Also available is an optional fixed length, removable ridgeline with organizer for $10.
- WestRim X is the more rugged version of the WestRim 11. Made with 1.7oz MTN XL ripstop nylon rated at 400lbs and all Amsteel® is upgraded to 1/8 which has a 2500lb breaking strength. The optional ridgeline and organizer is $15.
- WestRim Custom is an option for those looking to add their own touch to the WestRim. Let us know what you're looking for and we'll work together to get you into your dream hammock!
No CoyoteSystem... But Now Automatic Bundle Discounts.
Now, when you by any CoyotePack and tarp or fly OR buy any WestRim and bug net and/or tarp or fly. You automatically get a 10% discount on the bug net and/or tarp/fly.
If you by a CoyotePack with a 12x9 tarp, you get 10% off the tarp.
If you buy a WestRim and a bug net, you get 10% off the net
If you buy a WestRim and a bug net and a 12x9 tarp, you get 10% off the net AND the tarp!