Made to order - all fabrics and components are purchased for these hammocks as orders are received.
Handcrafted with 1.0oz Monolite Riptop Nylon for our lightest full featured camping hammock yet! The attached bug net unzips on both sides, end-to-end, and stows away on the ridgeline with toggle loops. The dual zipper allows for easy entry and exit from either side, easily adjust your under quilt or grab a snack.
Geared towards ultralight camping and backpacking so the fabrics are not rated for a lot of weight. Manufacturers rating for 1.0oz Monolite is only 200lbs, please keep that in mind. Our standard RedTail is rated at 300lbs.
On top of the lighter fabric, the following features are different from the standard model to help keep the weight down.
- - Ridgeline organizer (to eliminate cordage of the peak pouch)
- - No toggles on bug net ties, just button knots (to save weight)
- - Only 3 bug net ties
- - No body tie outs (can be added upon request at no charge)
- - Cinch Buckle Suspension (Included): Our standard suspension, includes 2 attached cinch buckles and 2 Tree Straps (12' long each).
- - Continuous Loops Only: The lightest option, only 7.3oz!
- - Carabiners w/ Continuous Loops: Choose this for no additional charge in place of the included Cinch Buckle Suspension if you have your own suspension. To swap the carabiners for Soft Shackles leave a note in the Shopping Cart under "Special Instructions".
- - Attached Whoopie Slings w/ Tree Huggers: For a $10 upgrade get 7/64th Amsteel Whoopie Slings attached to the hammock with a set of tree huggers and 2 Soft Shackles to complete the setup.
LOOKING FOR A CUSTOM REDTAIL M?
Custom requests go through our Custom Work Page (click here)
- - Attached, dual zip bugnet
- - Cinch Buckle Suspension included
- - Made from 1.0oz Monilite
- - 200lbs Weight Limit
Weight: ~14.2oz in lightest configuration
Weight Limit: 200lbs